Ir al contenido principal

November WrapUp/December TBR

November was a really good month in reading terms. I read six books. I almost completed my TBR, with the exception of the classic pic of the month. I was about to start it but other book got in the way.
Here are the books:

Cursed by Lizzy Ford: I got this book as an arc on NetGalley. To be honest, it was the cover that caught my attention in the first place. Then I read the synopsis and founded really interesting, so I downloaded it.
I am really happy I did, because it was absolutely amazing, super recommendable.
It follows Adrienne, who moves to New Orleans where her sister disappeared. She tries to know more about that. Therefore, while looking for clues, met Jayden. Addy and Jayden might have a connection in a way they wouldn’t believe.

Speak by Lauren Halse Anderson. It was my book to movie adaptation choice. Many people said good things about this book.We follow Melinda as she confronts her new year of high school with no friends and lots of heaters. All this hate comes from a night she isn’t able to speak about.It was a really interesting book regarding the way it was written in diary form. However it wasn’t the most touching book focused in bulling, rape, etc. Moreover I founded a bit tedious.

Killer by Sara Shepard. It is the fifth book in the Pretty Little Liar series. Also, as any book in the series it was highly enjoyable. It was creepy, mysterious, and overall really good. As I keep reading this series it keeps surprising me and I kept falling into the story, as ever.

Slave to Sensation by Nailini Singh. The adult pick of the month. It was a terrific book, I loved it and I read it pretty quick. I think it was the perfect transition to adult fiction. In a dystopian kind of world among humans live other to kinds: Shapeshifters and Psy. Those last ones are perfect humans, without feelings. 

Amy and Roger’s epic detour. This book was a sweet, nice, and quick read. A book, which encourage you to get going, to travel, to be happy. Also it was a really special book, full of pictures, recipes, playlists, etc. Those things made the book a whole experience, adding realism to the detour.

World After by Susan Ee. This was the book that got in the way of starting the classic one. It came in the mail just two days after it was published. It was my first pre-order. And, of course, I had to read it right away. It is the second book in the Penryn and the end of the World Series. And it wasn’t as good as the first one, which I found terrific. Nonetheless it was really good.



Hence, those were all the books I read in November. I am eight books behind my goal so I am planning quite a large TBR pile for December.
Therefore, for this month TBR I am planning something different. Sara Churchill over (LINK) on YouTube proposed this challenge to finish 5 series this year, in order to start 5 more next January. I thought I was a brilliant idea, as I have tons of series unfinished. These are the series I aim to complete:


Delirium Trilogy. I just have the last one to read in this dystopian trilogy.



Canciones para Paula (Songs for Paula) trilogy. As the first one just one book to go. This is a Spanish contemporary trilogy, which follows Paula and her friends, while they live their lives.


Vampire Academy Series. I Have to read three books in the series, as I stopped in the middle


Divergent trilogy. I still have to read Insurgent but with all the hype around allegiant I have wanted to read this series for over a month.

 Harry Potter. I just have one book and a half to go.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate