Ir al contenido principal

Best of 2014 / Reading Goals / January TBR

This is going to be a long but necessary post, I hope it doesn't get too tedious and you keep reading.

Best books of 2014

This books I read in 20014, probably they weren't published in 2014 but are the books that I remember loving though the year.



10.Unspoken by Sara Rees Brennan
 This book was about a small town which have some secrets about to be discovered by our main character, a high school girl who wants to be a Journalist.






9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Cinder is the first book in the Lunar Chronicles. This books are fairytale retellings. This one is Cinderella with a twist, Cinder is half cyborg. It was quite interesting cause you know the story, but you don't know how is it going to go since there are science fiction around the story, it changes sometimes.




8. Heartless (Pretty Little Liars #7) by Sara Shepard
This is the seventh book in the series well known because the TV show. The book series is quite different from the TV series, however I couldn't say which one I love the most, as both have that same mysterious vive.






7. The coldest girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
A unique Vampire book. In this future, Vampirism has became a plage, one that must be contained in what is called Coldtowns.








6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This was a weird book I'm not gonna lie, but I loved it, it kept me reading without making a pause. And it meet my expectations.







5. We were liars by E.Lockhart
Another strange book... This book I think I cannot say something about it other that it left me in a hangover.





4. Crossfire series by Sylvia Day
This series is an adult erotica series. I loved the series overall, I think the third book was a bit weak but even though I think its a very gripping series. And I tend to fly by this books. It is adult and it is graphic, but I you don't mind that I think the story is a good contemporary story.




3. The Diviners by Libba Bray
This was a gripping, interesting, fantastic story. I loved this book although it was quite scary and it scared me.
It was so good I want to read some more books from this author.





2. Isla and the Happily ever after by Stephany Perkins
If you have read some of my reviews you might know I loved Anna and the Frech Kiss. It's one of my favourite contemporary books. I think it's the perfect cute story which lift you up whenever you need to be happier.
I was a bit disappointed when I read Lola and the boy next door, because I didn't connect with the characters as much. However I might love Isla even more than Anna. It was so realistic, so true, and I connected with the characters a lot.

1. A Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars #1) by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
It might be because I reconnected with my beloved Veronica Mars characters, or because it was actually a nail-biting story, but I highly enjoyed this book. It was as if you read one of the episodes from the series, and perfect if you are a fan as I am.


2015 Reading Goals

1. Goodreads challenge: Read 50 books

2. Read one "classic" middle grade book per month. I haven't finished Harry Potter yet, I know: bad right?, so I want to finished the series and also read two more series considered classics: The Chronicles of Narnia, which I have in physical form sitting on my shelf; and also Percy Jackson series.

3. Complete some series.
Following Beth idea (BethJune327 on Youtube) I want to challenge myself to finish some series since I have many incomplete series. Some of them are: Harry Potter, Across the Universe, City of Bones, Mara Dyer, Raven Boys, Grisha trilogy, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Beautiful Creatures, Pretty Little Liars, Under the Never Sky, Alera, Embrace, The Iron King, The carrier of the Mark,etc.

4. Complete PopSugar's reading challenge. This challenge have some prompts that are quite interesting, and that might toke me out of my comfort zone, or maybe made me read something I've been wanting to read but I haven't.

January TBR

I have already finished the last book in the Crossfire series and read a novella from an spanish series called El Club de Los Incomprendidos, this has recently became a movie and I want to read the first book in the series before go see the movie. Therefore my first book to be read is Buenos Dias Princesa by Blue Jeans
I started Outlander by Diana Gabaldon a few moths ago, and I'm really liking it however I cannot read it fast, I have to read it little by little. I am about 70% done so I hope to get done with it by the end of January.
As a middle grade book I want to read he second book in the Chronicles of Narnia, which is The Lion,  the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS.Lewis.
And to make some progress into my unfinished series I am aiming to read the second book in the Raven Cycle, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. And if I have time maybe read the third one called Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

Thanks for reading, 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Allegiant - Veronica Roth

Tittle: Allegiant Series: Divergent #3 Author: Veronica Roth Genre: YA, science fiction, fantasy, romance, dystopia Pages: 526 Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books Format: EBook Time to read it: 2 days Language: English Rating: 4/5             Allegiant is the third and final book in the Divergent trilogy written by Veronica Roth. Probably everyone knows what the series is about since the first book was turned this year into a movie. The story develops in a city where the population is divided into factions based on their characters: Abnegation, Amity, Dauntless, Candor and Erudite. Each faction has a role in society; and at the age of sixteen kids are put into a test which will show them what their character is, and then they will choose any faction they want. Something went wrong in our main character test, which will change her life and the ones surrounding her forever.             Now, Four’s mother, the leader of the factionless, governs the city. The