Ir al contenido principal

August Wrap Up and September TBR

A new month starts today, and I hope it will bring more stability in my life. Last month has been hectic, my contract was coming to an end and that meant I had to leave everything ready for the person I was replacing. This was the cause I started the mont really well but ended it not quite so.

I started the month finishing reading "Blameless" by Gail Carriger. I really really liked this second book in the second booking the Parasol protectorate series. I think the whole concept of the series is amazing and gave it 4.5 out of 5.
Because of this book's ending I could not wait and went into the third one in the series, "Blameless". This book I liked but fall a little out for me. It was good but definitely not my favorite. I gave it a 3 out of 5.




In between "Blameless" I read "Nerve" by Jeanne Ryan. I was not going to read this book but I wanted to see the move it was based on it really badly since the moment I saw the trailer, and I could not went to the cinema without reading the book first. I read the book in almost one sitting. It was amazing I loved it, 5 start rating all the way. That same weekend I went see the move and I was mind-blown, I was even better than the book. In one word the movie was amazing.


After that I read "Wanted" the eighth book in the "Pretty Little Liars" series written by Sarah Shepard. This book reminded me why I love this series so much, because when you thing yo have a suspect it appears another. This series is in which the ABC family TV series is based on, and if you like the TV show you will love the books. It was a 4.5 out of 5 for me.





All this was before the middle of the month, however once the end of the month was coming it was when I started to have little to no time ti myself. And whenever I founded time to read I was so exhausted I could not read an entire page without falling sleep. I started "Shield of winter" the thirteenth book in the "Psy - Changeling" series written by Nalini Singh. However I only managed to read a fourth of it, despite the fact I am enjoying it so far. Therefore this book is the one that is at the top of my TBR for the new month.
Then I would like to continue and read the next book in the series "Shards of Hope", the fourteenth book in the series

After that and before getting into my on going series I would like to read "September girls " by Bennet Madison, a book which has either really good or really bad reviews on goodreads.

Then continuing wth the series I would like to read "Origin" by Jennifer L. Armentrout, the fourth book in the Lux series. Then I want to continue and hopefully finish the "Pretty Little Liars"series by the end of the year , so this month I would like to get trough "Twisted" and "Ruthless" the ninth and tenth books in the series by Sara Shepard. If I have read all of this before the month ends I would like to read the fourth book in the "Parasol Protectorate" series by Gail Carrier "Heartless"
Thank you for reading,

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious