Ir al contenido principal

September Wrap Up and October TBR

September ended a few days ago and it meant time to wrap up what I was able to read during that month, as well as, what I want to read this month.

Last month was not a really good month Reading wise, I got caught up with youtube, series, and films and ended up finishing four books and starting another one.

I finished “Shield of Winter” by Nalini Singh, the thirteenth book in the Psy-changeling series. As you might know by now this has become one of my favorite series and despite the fact it took me almost half of August and the beginning of September to complete this book I really liked it. I think with each book we get deeper into the world created by the author, we also learn a lot more about other races as they learn about themselves. This also applies to the next book I read in September, “Shards of hope” the next one in the series. I gave them both a four star rating.


Once I finished with these, I moved to the next series I wanted to finish before the end of the year, the “Pretty Little Liars” series by Sarah Shepard. This series seemed to have finished with “Wanted”. However in “Twisted” and “Ruthless” everything takes another turn, a new A appear, new secrets and new characters start making these four friends’ life a little difficult again.

After this I started “September girls” by Bennet Maddison. I could not get through this book, I gave it a couple of days this month but I felt like I ha to pushed myself to even pick the book, I did like the concept however it seemed like nothing interesting happened, like the book did not move forward. Therefore I decided to park it for the moment. I have not decided yet if I will pick it up in the future or not.


As for what I want to read this month, I want to start with the last published book the Psy-changeling series, which I do not know if it is supposed to be the last one. It is the fifteenth book in the series, “Allegiance of Honor”.

Then I want to read “Lair of Dreams” by Libba Bray, the second book in “The Diviners” series. This series is perfect for this month since it was thrilling and scary, perfect for Halloween. I loved the first book and I want to read the second book.

Also perfect for Halloween is the “Sweep” or “Wicca” series by Cate Tiernan. I would like to get thought the next three books in the series: Spellbound, The calling, and Changeling; books sixth, seventh and eighth in the series.

After that I want to keep going with the “Pretty Little Liars” series by reading the next two books, “Stunning” and “Burned”.

And if I am able to, I would like to read “Heratless” by Gail Carriger the fourth book in the “Parasol Protectorate” series.

It might seem like a really ambitious TBR but I hope I have a better reading month that what I have had lately.

Thanks for reading,



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate