Ir al contenido principal

Ignite me - Tahereh Mafi


Tittle: Ignite me
Series: Shatter Me #3
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Genre: Fiction, YA, dystopia, science fiction, paranormal, post-apocalyptic, action
Pages: 421
Publisher: Harper Collins
Format: Kindle
Time to read it: 3 days
Language: English
Rating: 5/5


“Ignite me” is the last book in the “Shatter me” trilogy written by Tahereh Mafi. The series is about a destroyed futuristic world were The Reestablishment controls everything and people die of hunger.  In this shattered world Juliette is a special girl, a dangerous one, whose touch can kill.

Juliette is supposed to be dead as the rest of Omega Point. However, she wakes up in Warner’s bedroom; he has saved her life after his dad shot her on her chest. That fact has changed her, she is not willing to live her brand new life hiding anymore, she will not be trapped in a jail of her own making anymore, she will fight back, and she will find Anderson and kill him. She will destroy The Reestablishment.

“Ignite me” was a fantastic book. I loved the drastic change in Juliette character, how she became this strong women and how Warner is always supporting her. Warner’s character development is also noticeable. About Adam, I know many people hate Adam in this book, and I must say that I was not completely fond of him. However, I do understand his point of view and I do understand the reason why he say and do the thing he does. In my opinion the author did well portraying a deeply hurt character. One of the characters I have loved the most in this series is Kenji, as well as, his friendship with Juliette; in my opinion, his friendship is one of the things that makes Juliette develop.
Nonetheless, if we talk about the plot, I highly enjoyed most of the book, however, I think the ending was not enough strong, neither final. I also think it was too rushed and happened too fast. Last but not least I missed a prologue, a quick addition to that opened ending.


To sum up, “Ignite me” was a worth reading book that ended a really good series. I recommend this book to anyone who loves character driven stories, as well as, dystopia.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Allegiant - Veronica Roth

Tittle: Allegiant Series: Divergent #3 Author: Veronica Roth Genre: YA, science fiction, fantasy, romance, dystopia Pages: 526 Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books Format: EBook Time to read it: 2 days Language: English Rating: 4/5             Allegiant is the third and final book in the Divergent trilogy written by Veronica Roth. Probably everyone knows what the series is about since the first book was turned this year into a movie. The story develops in a city where the population is divided into factions based on their characters: Abnegation, Amity, Dauntless, Candor and Erudite. Each faction has a role in society; and at the age of sixteen kids are put into a test which will show them what their character is, and then they will choose any faction they want. Something went wrong in our main character test, which will change her life and the ones surrounding her forever.             Now, Four’s mother, the leader of the factionless, governs the city. The