Ir al contenido principal

Last Wrap Up and TBR of the year

Today starts the last month of the year, December, and I hope I can read a lot this month and end up meeting my goal of reading sixty books this year. Although I will have to push myself and read from eight to nine books.

But before getting into my TBR for this month I want to take a look into what I was able to read in the month of November. This past month has been much better than October, however not as good as I was expecting. I read a total of six books and started another one.



First I finished "Lair of Dreams" by Libba Bray. This book was almost the only thing I read in October but did not finished. This is the second book in the Diviners series, a horror, mystery thriller that has place in New York city in twenties. I did enjoyed this book however it was a bit of a disappointment, since I loved the first one and I had really high expectations for this book. (See complete review here)




Then I moved into the "Pretty Little Liars" series by Sara Shepard by reading the next three book in the series: "Stunning", "Burned" and "Crushed". I definitely really like this series. It is long and sometimes too twisted, nonetheless it does not disappoint me. If you enjoy the TV show you should read it, it takes different turns than the series and you can read them independently. 

After that I read "Uninvited" by Sophie Jordan. A book that really got to me and I was unable to put down. A fantastic dystopia and fast paced read. Nonetheless I do not know if I will read the second part of the series since most reviews said that there is a lot of changes on it.

When I finished "Uninvited" I started "Code name Verity" by Elisabeth Wein, however I was not able to get really into it. This is the book that I have not yet finished this month and I would like to end before December is over.

Since I could see I was not really into "Code name verity" I decided to start another one. I started then, "Cruel Beauty" by Rosamund Hodge. A retailing of "Beauty and the beast" with mythology, magic and a not so sweet Bella. I really enjoyed this retailing and I thought I was interesting and unique.

Now, that we have wrapped up November, it is time to check what is on my TBR for the last month of the year. This month I definitely want to finish the "Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard, from which I have there books left: "Deadly", "Toxic", and "Vicious". 


The other series I would want to end before the end of the year is "The Selection" series by Kiera Cass, from which I just have one book left: "The Crown"


Then there are some stand alones I would like to read. "This song will save your life" by Laila Soles, since it was recommended by Emma Books on YouTube and I really tend to like her recommendations. "Ugly Love" by Colleen Hoover since I have read the "Slammed" series by the same author and her books tend to be a nice guilty pleasure. And last but not least "The book thief" by Marcus Zuzac, a book that is just over due.

Last but not least I want to read "Dark Lover" by JRWard, which is the first in an adult series I would like to read in 2017.












Thanks for reading, 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate