Ir al contenido principal

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book. 
We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month 

  • “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5)
  • “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de los Incomprendidos” series, it really got me interested in reading the series. 
  • “Buenos Días Princesa”, “No sonrías que me enamoro” y “¿Puedo Soñar contigo? the whole “El club de los incomprendidos series”. I absolutely loved this series, it was really easy to get into it and really fast paced. (5/5)
  • “Outlander” by Diana Gavaldon. Finally finished this gigantic book, I really liked but also founded dense and sometimes hard to read. (4/5)
  • “El León la Bruja y el armario” by C.S. Lewis. This book was part of my challenge of Reading children literature I haven’t read as a kid. I liked it was an Ok book. (3/5)
  • “Saga vol.1”. This graphic novel series became really popular last year and I decided to give it a try, but I actually didn’t like it that much. (2/5)
  • “After” and “After we collide” by Anna Todd. Another captivating contemporary series, one of those books you don’t know why you enjoy but you do, even though it isn’t that great. (4/5)
February was a little worse but I did complete two books despite the fact I was doing finals.

  • After we fell by Anna Todd. As you can see these series really captivated me, even if this one wasn’t as great. (3/5)
  • Mr. Kiss and Tell by skdfahl. If there is something that it’s really going to make me read even when I don’t have time that is reading about one of my favorite characters of all time: Veronica Mars. (4/5)
I didn’t complete any book in March, it was when I started my internship, and therefore I didn’t have time for anything. Somehow when I got used to the schedule in April together with easter holydays I managed to finish three books. 

  • “Fifty Shades Darker” by E.L. James. I watched the movie in late march, it was fine, but it definitely encouraged me to re-read this book, and I liked as much as the first time. It isn’t the best book in the world, but as I said with the After series it captivates you.
  • “After ever Happy” by Anna Todd. (3/5) Talking about this series, as I said captivating. Although not as good as the first two installments. 
  • “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard. (3/5) There was a lot of hype around this book when it came out so I decided to read it before I’ll get spoilt. It was a good book but it was a little slow for my taste.
May as March was a really busy month; I had my finals as well as many due assignments at the beginning of June. On top of that: the internship. But I think I make quite progress in June finishing five books. 

  • “The Dream Thieves” by Maggie Stiefvater. It toke me a long time to finish this book, between the lack of time and the confusing it was at the beginning. But finally I finished it at the beginning of the month. All together, the book was good. (3/5)
  • “El Caballo y el muchacho” by C.S. Lewis. A book between the main series, that I found really slow paced and tedious. 
  • “Those Girls” by Lauren. An arc I got for free on Net Galley. It was dull repetitive book, which I had to push myself into read. I didn’t like really much. (2/5)
  • “Clockwork Angel” by Cassandra Clare. This book was what I needed to get back into reading. It was really good, darker than the Mortal Instruments series but as fast paced and captivating as them. (4.5/5)
  • “City of Fallen Angels” by Cassandra Clare. I joined the goodreads group which will be reading one of these books a month, and it was the book for this month so I read it. Really liked it as well as Clockwork Angel, maybe a little less, because I really enjoyed the steampunk element of the other one. Never the less, a great book. (4/5)
And now, let’s jump into my TBR that I hope to be able to finish. The first book I already started is Clockwork Prince, as I said really liked the first one in the series and I’m really in the mood for some supernatural read. I hope I will continue with City of Lost Souls, as this is the book for this month in the goodreads group and the next in publication order. Hopefully I will get to finish The Infernal Devices with Clockwork Princess. 

If I have time I would love to finish the Raven Cycle by Maggie as I only have Blue, Lilly, Blue left. And last but not least I would love to get to one of these books, so I can see one of their movie adaptations: The Duff by slkfh or If I stay by Gayle Forman.
It’s an ambitious TBR but I hope to get through it.

Thanks for reading, 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Allegiant - Veronica Roth

Tittle: Allegiant Series: Divergent #3 Author: Veronica Roth Genre: YA, science fiction, fantasy, romance, dystopia Pages: 526 Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books Format: EBook Time to read it: 2 days Language: English Rating: 4/5             Allegiant is the third and final book in the Divergent trilogy written by Veronica Roth. Probably everyone knows what the series is about since the first book was turned this year into a movie. The story develops in a city where the population is divided into factions based on their characters: Abnegation, Amity, Dauntless, Candor and Erudite. Each faction has a role in society; and at the age of sixteen kids are put into a test which will show them what their character is, and then they will choose any faction they want. Something went wrong in our main character test, which will change her life and the ones surrounding her forever.             Now, Four’s mother, the leader of the factionless, governs the city. The

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate