Ir al contenido principal

January Favorites



This year I would want to be able to post regularly my monthly favorites. Therefore, as January had come to an end it would be time to reflect on the things that had become my favorite this past month.

Let’s start with Beauty. My face routine has been more or less the same for about one year, and it has always worked just fine; however, in December I started feeling that my skin was getting dryer. Therefore, I decided to change my moisturizer to one I have already tried out years ago when I started having the same problem. It is the “Hydraphase Intense legere” from La Roche Posai, which is a moisturizer indicated to those skins which are lacking to hydration but have a tendency to have acne breakouts, since, as its name says,  its texture is really light and not greasy. This cream combined with the “Effaclar gel mouse” and the “Effaclar astringent lotion” has been leaving my skin clean of imperfections and soft.



Then for makeup I have been really into mousse foundations lately. I have tried several and I like the effect they leave on the skin without feeling too heavy. The one I have been using lately is a really cheap one by the brand “Catrice” it is not the best I have tried, however it does the job and leave my skin just fine for an everyday look. There is another thing I have been using almost every day and I think it is just perfect, the “Melba” blush by MAC. This blush is perfect for any look since it is a combination of orange and pink tones that leaves a healthy looking tone on the cheeks.

As for my eyes, I have really been using the “” eye shadow palette by KIKO. I think it has the perfect tones for a basic palette, it is portable and the pigmentation of the eye shadows is really great. In combination with it I have been using the “” also by KIKO. This I have used to add light touches under the brow and on the lacrimal, however the thing I love the most about this product is the eye brow pencil. It is just the perfect tone for my eye brows and its pigmentation is just perfect. And last but not least, a new mascara that is noted into my favorite mascaras list the “” by L’Oreal. I love mascaras that give volume by separating the lashes a lot, making it look like you have a lot more than you actually have.





As for body products, I am a lover of sweet scents for body products. This Christmas I got a pack from Ives Rocher that contained a body wash and body butter with apple scent, and I loved it. The only reason I do not use it every day is because it was limited edition and I do not want to finish it. Apart from the delicious but not overwhelming scent the body butter is super moisturizing and leaves the skin so soft.




If we move to fashion, there are two very different things I have been unable to leave in the wardrobe. First my black boots, a birthday present I absolutely love. Even with the high heel they are super comfortable and really easy to combine with any clothes since they are really plain. The other item I have been my BodyPop bombshell leggings I got at the black Friday sale. These are one of the most comfortable leggings I have ever had and they fit me like a glove. I am even thinking about getting another pair.



            Now I will make a mention to my favorite things form the media department. The song I have been listening nonstop this month has been “On my mind” by Ellie Goulding, who little by little has been getting into my favorites, since I like most of her songs.The book I have enjoyed the most has been “Caressed by Ice” by Nalini Signh, a romance science fiction captivating read I recommend to everyone. And last but not least I have been watching “Castle” from season one, a series that had never called my attention before, but after watching a few episodes on TV I decided to give it a try and I am not regretting it.








In addition to this I want to make a mention to the Star Wars saga which I watch from episode I to episode VII in less than two weeks. I loved the series even if I have never been a super fan of it, marathon it was really worth it and I would recommend to anyone to watch them.





            I want to make a quick mention to the foods I have been eating a lot this month, probably more than I should have. First I changed the oatmeal for cookies, since I have a little less time in the morning now. These are the ones I have liked, because they aren’t overly sweet and they are crunchy. A snack both my boyfriend and I have been taking a lot have been the White chocolate, yogurt flavored rice cakes by Bicenturi, simply delicious. Almost every day we have been accompanied our dinners with hummus, the regular kind and also the barbequed flavored one, yummy! And last but not least my favorite dessert of the month the Greek styled low-fat yogurt with citric marmalade, amazing.




            The last favorite I want to mention would be my new Kikki-K in the medium (personal) size, a lovely high quality planner. This planner along the DIY fish inserts have been helping me making the most out of my time every day. And soon I will be starting a series of posts describing my planning routine.

Thanks for reading until the end of this really long post,

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious