Ir al contenido principal

January WrapUp and February TBR

A new month starts today and that means that it is time to wrap up this month and make our TBR list for the month coming.
This month hasn’t been my best reading month and I ended up completing just three books from my planned TBR and almost get to another one.

The first book I managed to finish this month, which I have started on the previous month was “Harry Potter and the deadly hallows”. It toke me longer than what I was expecting to be done with this book, since it was a bit uneventful at first. If you want to know my opinion here is my review. I also watched the movies in which this book was turned into and written a book to movie adaptation review that you can read here.







Then I read “The life-changing magic of tidying up”, an interesting self-development book about organizing. The truth is that for being a book I would have never chosen by myself it was really good. I am not used to read non-fiction books and that surprised me positively. You can check out my review here.

After this I tried to read the “5th wave” but I could not really get into it and as I was watching a reading slump approaching I decided to change and start “Caressed by Ice” the fourth book in the PSI/Changeling series by Nalini Singh, since I had gone really quick though the previous books. And I was not mistaken; I really got into the book quite quickly, and really enjoyed it. The review will be up soon.
And as I ended up this one I get into the “5th Wave” again to see if I could manage to finish it before the month was over, however I just managed to get up to the 50% of the book. And I am actually leaving it on stand-by.

As for this February’s TBR I decided I will go with a “romance” theme, even if not all the books will be classified mainly as romance.


First I will continue with the PSI/Changelling series reading the fourth book, “Mine to possess” by Nalini Singh. Is not just a romance series, however, romance is a big subject on the books.







Then, I will like to start two series which are paranormal romance and have been on the hype for a long time. The first would be the “Lux” series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, a series about aliens, from which I will be reading “obsidian” the first one. And also I will be reading “Sweet Evil” the first one in the “Sweet trilogy” by Wendy Higgins.






Apart from that following the romance theme I would like to read a contemporary I have been trying to get to for a long time, “Eleanor and Park” by Rainbow Rowell. I have only read one book by this author, “Fangirl” and I really enjoyed it, so I decided to go for another of this author’s books, and this is one of the most famous ones.

The other books that I want to get to are not really into the romance theme however I would like to read them. 
The first one would be Percy Jackson and the lighting thief, let's see if I can once an for all managed to read it.






The last one is the “Paper and Glam book club” book for the month of February, which is “Bad Feminist” by Roxanne Gay.





Thanks for reading, 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious