Ir al contenido principal

Sweet Peril - Wendy Higgins


Tittle: Sweet Peril
Series: Sweet Evil trilogy
Author: Wendy Higgins
Genre: YA, angels, demons, supernatural, romance
Pages: 371
Publisher: Harper Teen 
Format: Digital (Kindle edition)
Time to read it: 2 days
Language: English
Rating:5/5

“Sweet Peril” is the second book in the Sweet trilogy by Wendy Higgins, a supernatural tale in a world where demons and angels exist among humans, without them realizing.
After the summit Anna has transform herself becoming her father’s daughter. Parties and alcohol have become her new best friends but once home she is still the same innocent girl that she was before finding he true nature. In all this time she has not heard from Kaidan, however he is still on her mind.
Her father then appears and asks her for help in an important task, recruiting allies for the battle that will happen and in which she will have the lead. She and Kopano will then start traveling looking for Nephilim who will be by their side. Her last task will be talking Kaidan and Breth into the plan, however how will Kaidan and Anna reach to see each other again.

“Sweet Peril” was even more addictive than “Sweet evil”. Wendy Higgings captured me into the book making myself unable to put it down. I savoured the book from cover to cover and it lived up to my expectations. After “Sweet evil” I could not think about starting another series like I have planned by reading “Obsidian” by Jennifer L Armentrout, I needed to know what was happening to Anna and Kaidan and I could not wait. Therefore I decided to finish this trilogy this month instead of reading “Obsidian” and “Eleanor and Park”.
As you can guess by my previous words I really liked the book. I think Anna grows up in this book and I could see the true Kaidan behind the tough guy. Apart from that the trilogy shows a turn into catholic mythology that was really original.

To sum up, it is a fantastic trilogy so far that I think is worth reading. However, do not expect high quality literature because it is a book written to be enjoyable.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

Always and forever, Lara Jean - Jenny Han

Tittle: Always and forever, Lara Jean Series: To all the boy I’ve loved before… Author: Jenny Han Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, coming of age. Pages: 320 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Young Readers Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 20 days Language : English Rating: 3/5 “Always and forever, Lara Jean” is the third book in the “To all the boy I loved before…” series by Jenny Han. The series follows Lara Jean, a teenage girl who lost her mother years ago and has three sisters. Her older sister is going away for college and her younger sister sends some letters Lara Jean has been storing for years, letters to all the boys she has loved. Lara’s senior year seems like is going to be the best senior year ever, she and her boyfriend, Peter, have everything figured out about college; her father is marring their neighbor; and her sister is going to be back for the summer. However, mostly nothing will follow her plan and she will have to deal with ch