Ir al contenido principal

January Wrap Up & February TBR

The first month of the year just came to an end and it means it is time to wrap up the books I manage to get through and to challenge myself with this month's TBR.

I started 2017 with a really good reading month, even if I did no met my ambitious TBR, I did manage to finish six books and almost complete a seventh. 

I started the month finishing "The Crown" by Kiera Cass. I liked the book but I think the author should have finished "The Selection series" at its third book, since these spin-off books about the main characters' daughter was not as good as the original books.


I moved to read "Harry Potter and the cursed Child". It appears everywhere as the eighth book in the "Harry Potter series" written by J.K.Rowling. However, this book is more like the beginning of a new series that develops around the kids of the characters we all know and love in this magical series. The book was a great opportunity to get into the world of magic again, I liked the plot and how it was developed. However, do not expect to read about the same characters we used to knew since years had passed and they are adults now.



After that I finished "Code name verity" by Elizabeth Wein. This book about friendship in world war two was a good book, however I did not know what happened but it was really difficult for me to get into the book, and I had to pushed myself to finish the book.




Then I experienced "Iluminae" by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff, and I said experienced because it was more than a read it was an experience I recommend to anyone. The amazing beginning to a really original sci-fy series.
I also read "Don't touch" by Rachel M.Wilson. This was a really amazing contemporary book dealing with mental illness and in particular with OCD. The main character of this book has to deal with the irrational but really real fear of touching people while she tries to keep up with her dream of being an actress. 


I listen to my first audiobook, "Stalking Jack the Ripper" by Kerri Maniscalo. I really liked listening to an audiobook and this one was amazing. I liked the narration and the way it was able to surround you with the ambient of the story. About the book I really liked the plot and the mystery it offered, it was almost unpredictable until the ending.




Last but not least last month I was able to almost mede it to the 75% of "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer. Right now I have already finished, and I liked it. However, it was not as good as I was expecting it to be. It did not captured me as I was hoping it would do, nonetheless I liked just fine.

And now I will list the books I am hoping to get to this month. Most of these book will be romance reads since this is Saint Valentine's month.

- One with you by Sylvia Day
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- Dare you to by Katie McGarry


- A temptation of Angels by Michelle Zinc
- Tempting the best man by J. Lynn
- Assassin's heart by Sarah Ahiers

Thanks for reading, 


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate