Ir al contenido principal

Stunning - Sara Shepard


Tittle: Stunning
Series: Pretty Little Liars
Author: Sara Shepard
Genre: YA, contemporary, realistic, mystery, thriller
Pages: 306
Publisher: Harper Teen
Format: Paperback
Time to read it: 4 days
Language: English
Rating: 4/5

Pretty Little Liars is a series that follows four friends: Hanna, Aria, Spencer and Emily whose friend, Ali, disappeared years ago. After their friend’s body is found they start being stocked by someone name A who seems to know everything about them, especially al the secrets only their friend Ali used to know. The series turned into an ABC Family / Freeform series, which is about to wrap up on the oncoming year.

Emily’s worst nightmare came true, since she will have to face Gale and what happened to the baby she decided not to give to her. Aria will discover something about Noel’s father that will hurt her boyfriend’s happy family. Spencer has been accepted to Princeton, and she will have a tour coming that will show her that A is everywhere not just in Rosewood. And last but not least Hanna regrets what happened with Mike and now more than ever is decided to gat him back.

Stunning was a really fast paced and nail biting book, as most of the books in the series. The girls are totally lost on who A is and they have a lot of enemies that could be behind it. Therefore when Gayle appears out of nowhere everything points at her. However, A is more difficult to find than what they think. In my opinion, these girls are so easy to manipulate and it is not because they have such important secrets but because they are so secretive about them. If they would have came clean about what happened in Jamaica they would not be in the position that they are now. It seems as these girls do not learn about their past mistakes. Nonetheless, that is not what I find odd in this series; what I find difficult to believe is that their boyfriends and families do not suspect anything specially since now they have the background history of what happened with the other A.


To conclude, Stunning was not a disappointing read at all. I really enjoy reading this series and I really recommend it if you have watched the series. Both go in really different directions and the series will not spoil the books neither the books will spoil the TV series.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

October Wrap Up - November TBR

Hello again everyone, Today starts a new month and that means that it is time to wrap up the previous month and set this month's TBR. Last month I set an ambitious TBR which I was unable to complete entirely, but I did manage to get a lot read which makes me kind of happy. As I also said on the previous month's post I was going to center this past month's TBR on the "Sweep/ Wicca" series by Cate Tiernan, and that is what I did. I managed to finish the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and get thought half of the eleventh. I have enjoyed most of this books, however the last two, Seeker and Origins, change the point of view and I have not been able to click with them as I was able to so with the other ones. As for the November TBR, I want to still finish this series, reading the twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth and sixteenth books in the series, Eclipse, Reckoning, Full Circle and Night Child. Appart from that, I want to keep finishing s...

Wrapping up March and April, plus May TBR

Wow it has been a long time since I posted something, and I know I keep repeating myself but life happens and too many things too little time. Therefore, I will be catching up on March and April. March was a good reading month, but April a disaster. I finished eight books in March, all thanks to Richelle Mead and her captivating spin-off series “Bloodlines”. I did not meet my TBR but once I finished “The Golden Lily”, which was the book in my TBR, I couldn’t stop myself for reaching to the next one in the series, and then the next, and so on until I was done with the series. That means I read: “The golden Lily”, “The Indigo Spell”, “The fiery heart”, “Silver Shadows” and “Ruby Circle”. Luckily even if I felt kind of in no mood to keep going with another book, which we all know happens after series finish. I picked up “Gemina” the second book in the “Iluminae” series by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff and there was no slump. I read the book, which has over six hundred p...

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate...