Ir al contenido principal

Life and death - Stephenie Meyer


Tittle:  Vida y muerte: Crepúsculo reinterpretado / Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined
Series: Twilight
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Genre: Fiction, YA, vampires, werewolves, romance
Pages: 832
Publisher: Alfaguara
Format: Digital (Kindle edition)
Time to read it: 3 days
Language: Spanish
Rating: 3/5

“Life and death” is the book Stephenie Meyer released for the tenth anniversary of Twilight. Instead of writing a new whole book Stephenie decided to make a twist into the Twilight characters and changed most characters genres, with a few exceptions like Bella’s parents.
Beau Swan moves to Forks the small town where his father lives and from where his mother escaped a long time ago with him. Forks is not his favorite place however he has to do that for his mother and her happiness. Coming from a big sunny city as Phoenix Forks can be very odd; everything is green, as it rains almost every day. Apart from the weather, the school is also small and it seems that every one knows who he is.
There are a strange group of kids at school, all very perfect and distant with everyone, they are the Cullen’s. On his first day on Biology he was partnered with Edythe Cullen, who seemed to hate him right away.  This girl will awake his curiosity and soon he will find himself in the middle of something he was not prepared to.
Well I thought everyone knew was Twilight was about but just in case I will not spoilt you. This book was not really great. I think that the fact that we all have in our minds Bella and Edward as they are makes it difficult to picture them in a different genre. Maybe because Bella was pictured as an awkward girl, with kitchen skills and organized it is difficult to picture she as a he. I am trying not to be sexist but it is true that usually the story does not go like that, I think what this book made me realize is how little strong Bella’s character was. What I mean is that we are used to read so much about weak women saved by strong men than when you put the same story on the reverse you see how weak the woman was. Also, a thing that I have already noticed on the original book but that I also noticed more with the change is how tiring Edward/Edythe character is, all the time saying no, then yes, then no, etc.
I think the book was an interesting exercise but it made more bad than good to the original piece because most Twilight readers have read the books as teenagers, and even if they re-read the book now they do it with care and love because it is part of our “history”; however as an adult and having read a lot of books since Twilight it makes you realize that maybe it was not such a great book.
To sum up, I do not think this book was worthy, since it make me dislike a little a series I have hold in my heart since it was Twilight which got me back into reading after a few years of not reading a thing, when I was younger. The book does not add anything to the Twilight saga and I would not recommend it. I gave it three starts for Twilight love sake.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious