Ir al contenido principal

Mockingly part 2 - book to movie adaptation


Last week I finally went to the cinema to watch the last movie in the Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay part two. The movie follows the second half of the book with the same name written by Suzanne Collins. (Check the book review here)

After rescuing Peeta, Katniss finds herself unable to deal with him hating her so she ask to be taken to the battlefield. Coin accepts and sends her to district two, where lays the capitol military force. There Gale makes a strategy to get rid of the problem, a strategy Katniss doesn’t like. Once the military force in district two is managed the only thing left is the capitol itself. Coin refuses to send Katniss there; however she is determined to kill Snow herself even if to do so she has to go into a new arena.

The movie itself was great. Of course it had more politics and the action was concentrated in different points of the movie. I think the scenarios created when they are at the capitol were fantastic, as well as, the special effects when the different traps appeared. In my opinion is a really good ending to the series.


As a book to movie adaptation it was awesome, the film followed the book really well and in my personal opinion didn’t miss any important detail. Therefore, I highly recommend the movie, especially if you have read the books.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

October Wrap Up - November TBR

Hello again everyone, Today starts a new month and that means that it is time to wrap up the previous month and set this month's TBR. Last month I set an ambitious TBR which I was unable to complete entirely, but I did manage to get a lot read which makes me kind of happy. As I also said on the previous month's post I was going to center this past month's TBR on the "Sweep/ Wicca" series by Cate Tiernan, and that is what I did. I managed to finish the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and get thought half of the eleventh. I have enjoyed most of this books, however the last two, Seeker and Origins, change the point of view and I have not been able to click with them as I was able to so with the other ones. As for the November TBR, I want to still finish this series, reading the twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth and sixteenth books in the series, Eclipse, Reckoning, Full Circle and Night Child. Appart from that, I want to keep finishing s...

Wrapping up March and April, plus May TBR

Wow it has been a long time since I posted something, and I know I keep repeating myself but life happens and too many things too little time. Therefore, I will be catching up on March and April. March was a good reading month, but April a disaster. I finished eight books in March, all thanks to Richelle Mead and her captivating spin-off series “Bloodlines”. I did not meet my TBR but once I finished “The Golden Lily”, which was the book in my TBR, I couldn’t stop myself for reaching to the next one in the series, and then the next, and so on until I was done with the series. That means I read: “The golden Lily”, “The Indigo Spell”, “The fiery heart”, “Silver Shadows” and “Ruby Circle”. Luckily even if I felt kind of in no mood to keep going with another book, which we all know happens after series finish. I picked up “Gemina” the second book in the “Iluminae” series by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff and there was no slump. I read the book, which has over six hundred p...

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate...