Ir al contenido principal

The last Olympian - Percy Jackson


Tittle: The last Olympian
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Fiction, Middle-grade, YA, Friendship, adventure, Greek mythology
Pages: 381
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books
Format: Digital (Ebook)
Time toread it: 5 days
Language: English
Rating: 5/5

“The last Olympian” was the last book in the“Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series written by Rick Riordan. The booksfollow demigod Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, adventures as he tries to defeatthe uprising titans who plan to take over the Olympian gods.

The war has started, camp half-blood is trying to hold agains the monsters Kronos is sending. Apart from that Tifon was released and The Olympians have been trying to hold him. Percy's father, Poseidon has his own fight underwater fighting Oceanus. Percy finally finds the whole prophecy and everyone would have to met their destiny.

“The last Olympian” finally tells us the wholegreat prophecy everyone kept talking on the previous books, the prophecy whyPercy was a threat for the Olympus. However Rick surprised me in the end by notmaking everything about our favorite demigod. I really enjoyed this book and Iam positive I should have read them as a kid. The series in general is a delightfor every kid who loves Greek mythology, since all the creatures Riordanmention in the books where really part of the mythology. He also makes commentswithout explaining to various myths and makes them important for the plot,which made me wanted to know more about mythology and research about it formhours.
Apart from that I loved how Percy and Annabethrelationship was built through the series how you could see they were gettingclose to each other but how it was not more than a cute friendship at thebeginning since they were just kids.
The plot and the adventure itself in this bookespecially are incredible. It is action packed almost since the beginning andalthough I felt the war in New York was getting eons to end I really enjoyedevery single part of it.


To sump up, the onlyt thing I have left to sayis: What the hell are you doing if you have not read this setries? Pick it upright now!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

October Wrap Up - November TBR

Hello again everyone, Today starts a new month and that means that it is time to wrap up the previous month and set this month's TBR. Last month I set an ambitious TBR which I was unable to complete entirely, but I did manage to get a lot read which makes me kind of happy. As I also said on the previous month's post I was going to center this past month's TBR on the "Sweep/ Wicca" series by Cate Tiernan, and that is what I did. I managed to finish the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and get thought half of the eleventh. I have enjoyed most of this books, however the last two, Seeker and Origins, change the point of view and I have not been able to click with them as I was able to so with the other ones. As for the November TBR, I want to still finish this series, reading the twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth and sixteenth books in the series, Eclipse, Reckoning, Full Circle and Night Child. Appart from that, I want to keep finishing s...

Wrapping up March and April, plus May TBR

Wow it has been a long time since I posted something, and I know I keep repeating myself but life happens and too many things too little time. Therefore, I will be catching up on March and April. March was a good reading month, but April a disaster. I finished eight books in March, all thanks to Richelle Mead and her captivating spin-off series “Bloodlines”. I did not meet my TBR but once I finished “The Golden Lily”, which was the book in my TBR, I couldn’t stop myself for reaching to the next one in the series, and then the next, and so on until I was done with the series. That means I read: “The golden Lily”, “The Indigo Spell”, “The fiery heart”, “Silver Shadows” and “Ruby Circle”. Luckily even if I felt kind of in no mood to keep going with another book, which we all know happens after series finish. I picked up “Gemina” the second book in the “Iluminae” series by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff and there was no slump. I read the book, which has over six hundred p...

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead

Tittle: The Golden Lilly (Bloodlines #2) Author: Richelle Mead Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires. Pages: 418 Publisher: Penguin group Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “The Golden Lily” is the second book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous work “Vampire Academy”. This time the plot centers around Sydney, which we met on the previous series as an alchemist, an “agency” that works on making the vampire world “invisible” to the human kind, and that way they protect humans from evil, vampires. The alchemists tolerate Moroi and Damphir, however they do not engage with them more than what is strictly necessary, they are still evil. Nonetheless, they have a worse evil as common enemy Strigoi. After what happened to Sydney and Adrian, Dimitry and Sonya, former Strigoi turned back into Damphir and Moroi by spirit, came to Palm Springs in order to investigate...